We are pleased to announce the release of SD Notary 1.3. SD Notary is a tool for notarizing AppleScript and Automator apps. Please see [this blog post]( https://latenightsw.com/sd-notary-notarizing-made-easy/) for more information.
This update can be applied using SD Notary’s Check For Updates command (in the SD Notary menu). Alternatively, you can download the latest version from the blog post linked above.
## Version 1.3.0 changes:
– Change in requirements. Previous versions required that Xcode.app 10.3 or later be present and running. This version will accept Transporter.app version 1.1 as an alternative to Xcode. Both are available from the Mac App Store, but if you have no other need for Xcode, Transporter is a much smaller download (~200MB vs many GB). SD Notary normally checks for the presence of Xcode first, however you can force it prefer Transporter by holding down the option key while it launches.
– Support for .fmplugin files. You submit these as you would an app file. They are also supported by the Staple Only… command, but not the Sign Only… command.
– Support for flat .pkg files. The contents should be signed and notarized before the package is created. Theese are also supported by the Staple Only… command, but not the Sign Only… command. Signing of .pkg files is done with a Developer ID Installer identity, rather than a Developer ID Application identity, so you must ensure you have both certificates installed if you wish to submit packages. If you have already signed the .pkg file while building it, it will not be re-signed.
– The Submit App… button has been renamed Submit… to reflect the changes above.
– Fixes misleading Staple Only… warning.
– Improves reliability of launch checks.