We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.8. Script Debugger 5.0.8 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0. This maintenance release makes Script Debugger compatible with Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9) and addresses a number of stability and performance issues.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
Download Script Debugger 5.0.8
Bugs closed in the 5.0.8 release:
- 18117 Limit AppleEvent Log to the most recent 5000 events. This avoids a potential memory exhaustion situation that can arise when scripts run for a long time or generate a massive number of AppleEvents.
- 18111 Improve how Script Debugger activates its self when stepping through a sequence of AppleScript code that sends AppleEvents to an active target application.
- 18113 Resolved a crashing bug that may happen when a folder within the Scripts or Clippings menus is renamed, moved or deleted.
- 18110 Resolved problems that arise when the dictionary window is viewing an application that is later deleted using the rm command line tool.
- 18105 Resolved a problem where Script Debugger would fail to overwrite an existing file when creating a new script from a bundled template.
- 18101 Improved the handling of bundled templates when creating new scripts. Script Debugger only prompts you to immediately save the new script when its an ASObjC bundle.
- 18098 Mavericks: Resolved a problem where the Export Run-Only Script and Export Flattened Script commands fail to work when running on Mac OS 10.9
- 18100 Resolved a crashing bug that may happen in some instances when refreshing explorers containing AppleScript lists containing expanded object references showing properties in another application.
- 18099 Resolved a explorer problem that arises when viewing AppleScript lists containing object references.