We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.7. Script Debugger 5.0.7 is a _free_ maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0. This maintenance release makes Script Debugger compatible with Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9) and addresses a number of stability and performance issues.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
[Download Script Debugger 5.0.7](http://www.latenightsw.com/sd5/download-script-debugger/)
Bugs closed in the 5.0.7 release:
– 18096 **Mavericks**: Added a new bundled script template option with AppleScript Objective-C enabled. This option only appears when Script Debugger is running on Mac OS X 19.9 (Mavericks) systems.
– 18085 **Mavericks**: Resolved a hang on Mavericks systems with with Xcode 4.x command-line tools installed.
– 18088 **Mavericks**: Resolved a problem on Mac OS X 19.9 (Mavericks) systems where typing a ” character results in an open and closing quote character being inserted into the script. This type of quote character is not recognized by the AppleScript compiler and causes compilation errors. This change also addresses a problem where typing — results in a emdash (–) being inserted into the script.
– 18083 **Mavericks**: Support “interleaved” handler declaration syntax
– 18084 **Mavericks**: Script Debugger correctly parses scripts using the new use statement.
– 18082 **Mavericks**: Holding the option key down when opening a script bundle with an associated SDEF causes the script’s dictionary to be displayed (this modifier matches Apple’s AppleScript Editor).
– 18081 **Mavericks**: Resolved a bug where SDEF-defined terms in Mavericks library scripts did not appear when scripts are opened in Script Debugger.
– 18080 **Mavericks**: Opening a run-only script bundle containing an SDEF causes the script’s dictionary to be displayed.
– 18068 The Copy Reference command in the Variables panel once again copies variable references to the clipboard.
– 18079 Resolved a crashing bug that can sometimes happen when displaying the Scripting Additions dictionary.
– 18077 Improve ‘path to me’ support
– 18072 Resolved a potential memory leak when closing the Open Quickly panel.
– 18067 Corrected a regression in the 5.0.6 maintenance release where Script Debugger may crash in some instances when updating the Scripts or Clippings menus.