We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 7.0.8. Script Debugger 7.0.8 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 7.0. This release also introduces a series of changes to improve compatibility with macOS Mojave (10.14).
This update can be applied using Script Debugger’s Check For Updates command (in the Script Debugger menu). Alternatively, you can [download the latest version of Script Debugger](http://latenightsw.com/download).
## Changes in the 7.0.8 release
– 1281 Corrected a bug in the handling of the `open` command’s `with recovering text` parameter.
– 1279 Added the `PrefAllowOtherFileExtensions` export preference. When set to TRUE, Script Debugger allows you to use any file name extension when saving or exporting scripts. When FALSE (the default), Script Debugger works as it has in the past and limits you to one of the standard AppleScript file extensions (`.scpt`, `.scptd`, `.applescript` and `.app`).
– 1278 Removed ad hoc code signing the shell application used to build enhanced applets.
– 1225 Fixed drawing glitch where phantom sidebar border appeared under Mojave.
– 1216 Corrected a Scripting Additions dictionary problem where links to some data types (e.g. `alias`) were not working.
– 1128 Improved the performance of code folding when opening or compiling scripts. This should reduce the likelihood of a hang following a compile caused by heavy use of code folding.
– 1267 Improved handling of properties when debugging handlers other than `on run`. For instance, when invoking an `on open` or `on idle` handler when the Persistent Properties setting __off__, property values are retained between runs as they would be in a stay-open applet. Successive invocations of the `on run` handler when the Persistent Properties setting __off__ continues to reset properties to their compile-time state.
– 1275 Fixed a crashing bug that occurs when dragging window tabs on Mojave systems.
– 1273 Improved the appearance of document tabs on Mojave systems.
– 1221 Corrected a problem where certain global variables did not appear in the variables explorer.
– 1195 Improved behavior of color picker when changing colors in the `Fonts & Color` panel of Preferences.
– 1241 Fixed a bug where pasting a clipping with part of a folded line selected could result in deletion of the folded code.
– 1250 Corrected menu validation in Enhanced Applets so that the Quit menu item is disabled while a modal dialog (e.g. `display dialog`, `choose from list`, etc.) is being displayed.
– 1248 Resolved a series of issues with the Enhanced Applet shell that prevented modal dialogs displayed using the `display dialog`, `choose from list` and other commands from dismissing properly when an applet was saved with the Show Startup Screen option off. Also addressed some issues that could arise when a script displayed a series of modal dialogs.
– 1244 Corrected a bug effecting enhanced applets on Mojave systems in Dark Mode where the script’s description is shown in black text on a black background. The script’s description is not shown in white text in Dark Mode unless the text color has been explicitly set.
– 1249 Resolved a crash that can occur in rare circumstances when generating the Table Of Contents menu.
– 1243 Enhanced applets only accept dropped files when an ‘on open’ handler exists in the scripts.
– 1257 Improved legibility in Resources Tab and elsewhere when running under macOS Mojave.
– 1222 Corrected a problem where closing an enhanced applet’s window did not cause the applet to quit.
– 1259 Corrected a problem where the Run button in the Enhanced Applet startup screen did not respond to the Enter key.
– 1239 Resolved a series of issues with quitting enhanced applets. Applets now quit properly when the droplet window is closed. In addition, enhanced applets now invoke an `on quit` handler if its present. Note that `on quit` handlers must invoke `continue quit` to actually have the applet quit.
– 1223 Improved mouse tracking when manipulating adjacent breakpoints quickly.
– 1187 Improved the way parameter types are shown in command completion templates.