We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 6.0.1. Script Debugger 6.0.1 is a **_free_** maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 6.0. This release improves Script Debugger compatibility with El Capitan (Mac OS X 10.11) and addresses a number of stability and performance issues.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
[Download Script Debugger 6.0.1](http://www.latenightsw.com/free-trial/)
Changes in the 6.0.1 release:
– 650: Corrected a bug where assigning lists of references to external application objects to local variables caused a debugger failure.
– 647: The Best View/Source View/AEPrint View menu items in the View menu are now active even when the keyboard focus is the script’s text.
– 652: Resolved a problem where keyboard focus when creating a new script window was incorrect (when System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts>Tab moves to ALL controls option is set).
– 632: Viewer window position and size and internal state is restored when a value’s viewer window is reopened.
– 630: Added commands to the Help menu for going to the Script Debugger Support page and Script Debugger User Forum.
– 635: Improved performance of ASObjC terminology loading to support code completion, significantly reducing the delay before ASObjC code completions are available.
– 631: Secondary menu clicks on the Wrap Text and Vertical Splitter buttons in the script editor no longer summon the gutter’s contextual menu.
– 636: Altering document properties while making a new script document via scripting now marks the document as dirty.
– 637: Added a `script bar visible` property to the `document` and `script window` objects.
– 638: Corrected a bug where `document` properties targeting the top window (when multiple windows are open on the same document) actually targeted the bottom window.
– 646: The Use Selection for Replace command is once again operational.
– 626: Custom method and handler name coloring exposed to scripting via the `apply handler formatting` and `handler color` application properties.
– 624: ASObjC collections in explorers will no longer display escaped formatting characters.
– 615: If a user has no script libraries, the library picker will appear with a single disabled entry of “No Libraries Found”.
– 618: The Open Script Libraries Folder script will now open symlinked folders.
– 619: Script/application/framework pickers check context case-insensitively.
– 621: Aliases and symlinks in the clippings menu are now resolved.
– 620: Scripts menu resolves aliases to scripts
– 623: Improve auto-closing of delimiters when typing into the end of a script.
– 592: Resolved hangs and crashes when opening multiple scripts, some of which contain dictionaries.
– 558: Corrected a bug in the dictionary display where hidden command and event descriptions could appear when clicking on a suite entry in the dictionary outline.
– 578: Improved the Mini Debugger to avoid situations where Script Debugger is activated when stepping.
– 614: The Code Signing menu in the Save panel is enabled when saving applications and script bundles.
– 613: The Event Log items in the View menu are now active even when keyboard focus is not within the event log display.
– 607: The `save` scripting command has a new optional parameter, `bundle run only`, to specify whether bundled scripts and libraries should be also be exported as run-only.
– 548: Open Quickly no longer offers hits on `.service` files that are not AppleScript scripts.
– 602: Resolved a intermittent crash that happens when hiding Script Debugger’s progress panel. This panel only appears for activities that take longer than 1 second and so isn’t seen much.
– 605: Resolved a crash that may happen when the contents of script bundles are manipulated behind Script Debugger’s back.
– 609: Corrected a Script Debugger 6.0 regression where changes to variables containing script objects are not displayed in the debugger.
– 608: Corrected a memory over-release relating to placeholders.
– 437: Inserting an untagged clipping no longer generates a system beep.
– 62: Resolved a hang that can occur when compiling.
– 560: Improved the detection of libraries used by a script.
– 573: Improved the presentation of library and application picker menus. Showing the script/application/framework pickers now requires that the cursor be between two quotes in the same paragraph. And you no longer require any context like use/tell.
– 576: Frameworks specified by full paths now handled correctly in manifest panel and via scripting.
– 384: Status message is cleared when the user begins typing into a compiled script.
– 570: Added `newTypeClass` placeholder menu to pick element classes when creating new elements within a application container.
– 581: Resolved a crashing bug that can occur when a script window is scrolled and then closed in quick succession.
– 583: New text substitution entries will be correctly selected for entry when added regardless of table sorting order.
– 552: When using interleaved syntax, parentheses will automatically be added around arguments where required during code completion.
– 586: removed the `status bar visible` property from the `document` object as this property only applies to `script window` objects.
– 584: Added a Help button to the Legacy Library Conversion alert panel.
– 577: Placeholders with menus and linked placeholders are identified with icons. Menu pickers can now be summoned with a single mouse click.
– 588: Improved appearance of Add and Remove buttons in the Text Substitution preferences panel on retina displays.
– 565: Old versions of Script Debugger.component are no longer moved to the trash each time Script Debugger is launched.
– 587: Deleting a non-empty text substitution now requires confirmation.
– 590: Addressed a problem where out of date exception information is presented when conditional breakpoints are used.
– 593: Resolved two problems: surpassed an error alert when saving scripts to server volumes that don’t support Mac OS X versions, and addressed a problem where following a save to a text (.applescript) document, some edits don’t mark the document as dirty.
– 594: Addressed a performance problem when stepping over large sections of folded code.
– 595: Resolved a crash that occurs when pasting indented blocks of text beginning or ending in blank lines.