__UPDATE__: This release has been superseded by [Script Debugger 5.0.5](http://www.latenightsw.com/2012/script-debugger-5-0-5-released/).
We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.4. Script Debugger 5.0.4 is a _free_ maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0. This maintenance release makes Script Debugger fully compatible with Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8.2) and addresses a number of stability and performance issues.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
[Download Script Debugger 5.0.4](http://www.latenightsw.com/sd5/download-script-debugger/)
Bugs closed in the 5.0.4 release:
– 17769 Resolved issues when using the Find panel to search for whitespace within a script.
– 16268, 17765 Added an ‘in window’ parameter to the ‘open’ command in Script Debugger’s scripting interface. When specified, this parameter causes newly opened documents appear in new tab within the specified script window.
– 17761 Improved selection management when inserting clippings that use the [[select:]] directive.
– 17755 Resolved a problem where text replace operations involving Regular Expression groups are not properly substituted.
– 17757 Resolved a crash that occurs when a script document’s ‘properties’ property is read while the document its self does not have a ‘last result’ value (i.e. has never been run).
– 17742 Corrected a problem where it became impossible to close a window following an attempt to save a script with a compilation, and the user elects to save the script as text.
– 17744 If you have any of the Activate SD On Pause, Activate SD On End or Activate SD On Error, SD will post user notifications to the Mac OS X 10.8 User Notification Centre.
– 17697 Resolved a crashing bug that occurs when Script Debugger is asked to quit as part of a system shutdown or user logout.
– 17736 Corrected a problem introduced by the Mac OS X 10.8.2 update that causes SOAP and XML-RPC events to hang when sent from Script Debugger.
– 17730 Corrected a problem where Script Debugger failed to send Crash Reports to Late Night Software on Mountain Lion (10.8) systems.
– 17685 Corrected a bug where the Event Log does not properly filter events targeted at remote machines (using the eppc:// protocol).
– 17556 Resolved a problem where clicking on enumeration links in the Scripting Additions dictionary window dod not lead you to the definition for the enumeration.
– 17714 Resolved a crash that occurs when an external debugging session ends with no result value returned from the script being debugged.
– 17715 Resolved a crash that may occur when using the Forward and Backward buttons in Value Explorers.
– 17710 Entering a backslash key no longer causes paired chevron characters to appear when the Auto-Pair Delimiters Editor preference is checked.
– 17684 Resolved a crash that may occur when closing windows with the Event Log visible.
– 17698 Resolved a crash that may happen when resuming script execution.
– 17695 Resolved a regression that causes Script Debugger 5.0.3 to crash when displaying compilation errors on 32-Bit Intel Macintoshes.
– 17707 Corrected a regression introduced in Script Debugger 5.0.1 which caused the Compile Error sheet to incorrectly display run-time error values.