__UPDATE__: This release has been superseded by [Script Debugger 5.0.2](http://www.latenightsw.com/2012/script-debugger-5-0-2-released/).
We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.1. Script Debugger 5.0.1 is a _free_ maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
[Download Script Debugger 5.0.1](http://www.latenightsw.com/sd5/download-script-debugger/)
Bugs closed in the 5.0.1 release:
– 17450 Bug fixes to address stability issues that can arise when closing script windows.
– 17372 Corrected a problem where ‘CGAffineTransformInvert: singular matrix’ messages may appear in the system console when opening documents in Script Debugger.
– 17457 Restored the inclusion of script descriptions when printing script documents.
– 17442 Resolved a crash that may occur when examining ‘alias’ object references from System Events in the result viewer.
– 17443 Resolved a problem where the state of the ‘Show Raw (Chevron) Syntax’ menu item in the View menu can fall out of sync when this setting is altered using the Explorer’s contextual menu.
– 17427 Corrected a bug where incorrect filename extensions where applied when file name extensions are hidden in the Save panel.
– 17396 Resolved a crash that may occur when dragging Suites from the Dictionary Outline in the Scripting Additions Dictionary.
– 17424 Resolved a crash that may occur when updating the Event Log display.
– 17423 Resolved a crash that may occur when displaying an entire scripting addition in the Scripting Additions Dictionary window.
– 17425 The Result Explorer appearing within the Event Log initially displays “Empty” when first displayed.
– 17410 Resolved a intermittent crashing bug that occurs when updating toolbar items.
– 17417 The Template Chooser panel is closed (if its open) when a script document is created via an AppleEvent.
– 17414 Improved the handling of quoted strings in the Open Quickly panel. Searching for ‘tell application “Mail”‘ now succeeds where it failed to find hits in the past.
– 17413 The Help button in the Open Quickly panel now moves properly when the panel is resized.
– 17405 Corrected a problem with the fonts used in the Timer toolbar item.
– 17406 Corrected a problem where the Script Libraries and Templates folders were not being created within the ~/Library/Application Support/Script Debugger 5 folder the first time Script Debugger 5 launches.