We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 8.0.5. Script Debugger 8.0.5 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 8.0. This release also introduces a series of changes to improve compatibility with macOS Monterey.
This update can be applied using Script Debugger’s Check For Updates command (in the Script Debugger menu). Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Script Debugger.
- 1806 Addressed a problem where the Enhanced Applet sheet did not always display the script’s description properly in the startup screen.
- 1744 Resolved a problem where typed text is incorrectly inserted when there are split views and the Synchronize split-view selection Editor setting is enabled.
- 1814 Fixed a bug where the optional copy of a file’s source saved during export was wrongly encoded.
- 1793 Enhanced applets no longer display a startup screen of the
show startupoption is off and there is no
- 1797 On-screen code formatting is not always appropriate for printing, especially in Dark Mode. Now you can define separate print-specific themes. You can do this by defining new themes with ” Printing” appended to their names, or defining a universal printing theme called “Printing”. Full details are in the Script Debugger Help entry for Themes.
- 1784 The Unfold command works correctly when unfolding a single selected line containing a fold.
- 1802 Code Folding is no longer applied when opening documents when Script Debugger is operating in LITE mode.
- 1799 Corrected a problem where a
make new documentcommand which specifies a
source textproperty value does not returns a reference to the newly created document.
- 1796 Improved the display of application errors in explorers to include error descriptions where possible in the absence of an error message provided by the application it’s self. Added the errAEEventNotPermitted error to the list of known error codes.
- 1792 Eliminated thousands separator in error number appearing in the Script Error panel.