Affrus 1.0.1 Update
Affrus 1.0.1 is a maintenance release that addresses
a series of issues that came to light following the release of Affrus
The Affrus 1.0.1 Update contains the following changes:
- $_ and several other Perl special variables are now colored properly.
- The Errors pane displays a single entry for repeated errors on
the same source line.
- The Errors pane only displays the first 200 errors. If there
than 200 Check Syntax errors, Affrus will indicate how many errors were skipped.
- Fixed compatibility problems with the FindBin module.
- Fixed a problem where the Check Syntax command would clip error
- Fixed compatibility problems with the HTML::Parser module (and
that depend on it).
- Fixed a crashing bug that can happen when the Recent Files menu
is set to
sort files in the order in which they were opened.
- Fixed a crashing bug that can happen when stepping out of subroutines.
- Fixed a problem where run-time errors were not reported when a script
was run to completion.
- Fixed a colorizing error for -xxx string literals.
- Fixed a colorizing error for 'bless \$instance => $class;'.
- Fixed a colorizing error with HERE documents.
- Fixed a problem where tied scalars in package scope were listed
twice in the debugger.
- The Affrus install process now detects when the user's PATH contains
Perl in non-standard locations and gives you the option
of using your
version of Perl or /usr/bin/perl.
- Fixed a cosmetic problem in the way registration information is
displayed in the About dialog.
- The Affrus Help index was omitted from the 1.0 release that prevented
searching the Affrus Help book. It is now included.
- When running Perl 5.8 and later, Affrus can now set/clear breakpoints
while a script is blocked in a system call (select/read/write/etc.).
However, Perl 5.8.1 (as shipped on Panther) does not restart
system calls correctly following a signal so doing this causes select/read/write/etc.
- The Affrus tool has been altered to handle intermixed Perl/Affrus