We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 5.0.7. Script Debugger 5.0.7 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 5.0. This maintenance release makes Script Debugger compatible with Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9) and addresses a number of stability and performance issues.
You can update within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu. Alternatively, you can download the new build here:
Bugs closed in the 5.0.7 release:
- 18096 Mavericks: Added a new bundled script template option with AppleScript Objective-C enabled. This option only appears when Script Debugger is running on Mac OS X 19.9 (Mavericks) systems.
- 18085 Mavericks: Resolved a hang on Mavericks systems with with Xcode 4.x command-line tools installed.
- 18088 Mavericks: Resolved a problem on Mac OS X 19.9 (Mavericks) systems where typing a ” character results in an open and closing quote character being inserted into the script. This type of quote character is not recognized by the AppleScript compiler and causes compilation errors. This change also addresses a problem where typing — results in a emdash (–) being inserted into the script.
- 18083 Mavericks: Support “interleaved” handler declaration syntax
- 18084 Mavericks: Script Debugger correctly parses scripts using the new use statement.
- 18082 Mavericks: Holding the option key down when opening a script bundle with an associated SDEF causes the script’s dictionary to be displayed (this modifier matches Apple’s AppleScript Editor).
- 18081 Mavericks: Resolved a bug where SDEF-defined terms in Mavericks library scripts did not appear when scripts are opened in Script Debugger.
- 18080 Mavericks: Opening a run-only script bundle containing an SDEF causes the script’s dictionary to be displayed.
- 18068 The Copy Reference command in the Variables panel once again copies variable references to the clipboard.
- 18079 Resolved a crashing bug that can sometimes happen when displaying the Scripting Additions dictionary.
- 18077 Improve ‘path to me’ support
- 18072 Resolved a potential memory leak when closing the Open Quickly panel.
- 18067 Corrected a regression in the 5.0.6 maintenance release where Script Debugger may crash in some instances when updating the Scripts or Clippings menus.